A resistance band is an elastic band used for strength training. They are also commonly used in physical therapy, specifically by convalescents of muscular injuries, including cardiac rehab patients to allow slow rebuilding of strength.
Why Resistance Tubing & Bands
Resistance Tubing and Bands are a convenient, easy, and safe piece of equipment that can be integrated into all workout programs. Used primarily in the physical therapy market till the aerobic craze of the 80’s started to introduce resistance training into the aerobic rooms as a way to incorporate strength training into the aerobic rooms besides dumbbells. As the popularity of the tubing and bands became more and more popular within the aerobic room it started to became a stable into the fitness world of clubs and gyms around the world. Then the video craze of the home workouts hit in the 90’s with the resistance tube/band became a part of the workout phrase of the workout. Today resistance training is used among all people, physical therapy, fitness enthusiants, athletic trainers, and consumers.
Benefits of Resistance Training:
- The bands are available in a variety of resistance levels, allowing the individual to customize their workout to optimize the intensity and target all muscle groups.
With this personalized resistance training, you can activate muscle groups in a variety of different angles to improve mobility, stability, and strength in planes not offered by traditional weight machine exercises.
To illustrate the varying degrees of resistance, the bands are color coded. The bands can range from as low as 1 lbs to 100 lbs of resistance depending of the style of tubing/band we are using causing them to be an ideal tool across all levels of fitness.
- Provides a full body workout.
- Great for personal training, rehab, and targeted workouts.
- Increase mobility, stability, and strength in different ranges of motion.
- Resistance bands are lightweight and easily portable. You can stash them in your suitcase when travelling and use them to get a good workout right in your hotel room.
- Resistance bands take up virtually no space to store them. Easy to store at fitness clubs or for travel.
Types of Resistance Tubing and Bands
SIL FITNESS is pleased to offer you a variety of style of resistance tubing and bands for your fitness facility or home use. Our original Fit Tube with handles comes in 5 different resistance level for your fitness convenient. Also available with foam grips for those who prefer a more cushion handle. Tubing with handles also come with protected sleeves and full covered sleeves.
There are also several different style of tubing products for the lower body workout.